Our haul this week:
1. There Is a Bird on Your Head by Mo Willems. This may be our favorite Elephant & Piggie book.
2. Mice Are Nice by Charles Ghigna.
3. Mouse Tales by Arnold Lobel.
4. Corn Aplenty by Dana Meachen Rau. We’ve had this one before, but we’re about to plant corn for realz, so I thought it would be a good one to repeat.
5. Big Dog and Little Dog Visit the Moon by Selina Young.
6. The Hat by Holly Keller. A very simple book. I’m going to make Little Boy read it to ME.
7. Big Max by Kin Platt.
8. The Cat in the Hat Comes Back by Dr. Seuss. We just went to a live Cat in the Hat (the original story) show at our library, so I thought LB would like to hear the sequel again.
9. A Fish Out of Water by Helen Palmer. I remember this from my childhood.
10. Buzz Beaker and the Growing Goo by Cari Meister. Little Boy loves Buzz Beaker. This is one we haven’t read before.
11. See Me Grow (a Scholastic book). A new “school” book for this week. Full of amazing photographs of the different parts of different animals’ life cycles.
12. Peanut by Linas Alsenas.
13. The Hog Prince by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen.
14. School for Bandits by Hannah Shaw.
15. Horace and Morris Join the Chorus by James Howe. We’ve had one with these characters before.
16. Demolition by Sally Sutton.
17. Isabella’s Garden by Glenda Millard.
18. LaRue Across America: Postcards From the Vacation by Mark Teague. A new LaRue book for us. Trying to expose LB to some US geography.